Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fifteen Months

Eloise is so much fun these days! Her language has really taken off in the last month. Here is a sample of the words she can say:

Mama
Dada
Pop Pop
hiya
bye bye
cracker
yuck
ball
bubble
up
uh oh
sock
baby


I know there are others that I can't think of right now. Every day it seems like she understands more and more of what we say, and she is getting so much better at communicating her wants and needs. She knows the answers to, "what does a monkey say?" and "what does a duck say?" Already she appears to be a bookworm, bringing me book after book and demanding I read to her. She points out different objects and characters, and she claps at the end of each one. She's obsessed with shoes, so I predict a closet full of them when she's older.

Today we went to visit my friend Jill and her three kids. So much has changed in a year. The girls are actually learning to play together. It's so cute! Today Ivy kept wanting to sit in my lap so I could read her a story and Eloise was not happy about that, until she discovered that there was room enough for two little girls.

We had a great time and I can't wait to see how much fun they all have as they get older.

Photobucket

In case you were wondering what a monkey says.

Photobucket

She needs another haircut. This will be her third!

Photobucket

She likes to "help" me unpack the bags after shopping. And she never, ever makes a mess.

Photobucket

No comments: