Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Eight Months (and one day)

Today Eloise is 8 months and 1 day old. I meant to get this post up yesterday, but I missed it.

How on earth did my baby get to be 8 months old? That seems so grown up. Eloise is doing many amazing things these days. She claps and dances on command, and it is so cute that we naturally ask her to do it about 50 times a day. She also gives kisses, but that is not as consistent yet.

She's a super crawler these days, but her favorite thing is pulling up and cruising along the furniture. We have a makeshift gate in the form of an ironing board on its side that serves to block off a portion of the house. She shakes it like a prisoner rattling the bars of her cell!

One thing before you watch: when you see the state of my living room, please realize that as part of my recovery form surgery, I am not allowed to bend down to pick things up off the floor. As a result, there are toys everywhere most all of the time. It's lots of fun for babies, but not exaclty the neatest looking room in the house.

1 comment:

Monica and Steve said...

I was thinking of you ladies this morning and I just KNEW there would be a new post.

Happy 8 month birthday, Eloise! You are so smart and I have a feeling you'll be an early walker!

Dance dance dance!!!