The Hershey Lodge is a HUGE hotel, with a couple restaurants, and a very nice lobby with a large fireplace and lots of comfy couches and chairs. We started with a tour of the chocolate factory on Saturday morning, and then Michaela headed off to Hersheypark with her cousins, aunts and uncles, while Rod, Eloise and I headed back to the room for a nap. It was about 20 degrees, and I knew a nap in a warm room would be better for Eloise than skipping a nap and walking around in the freezing cold (plus, I wanted a nap too!)
On Saturday night, we had a very nice dinner followed by a Christmas show, which Michaela absolutely loved. Eloise fell fast asleep in Rod's arms, which I thought was crazy since we were in the very front row and the music was loud. After the show, Rod, Eloise and I again went back to the room (it was about 9pm at this point) while Michaela went off with everyone else to see the massive drive through light display. It was so nice that there was a big group of us so that Michaela got to do so many fun things with her cousins and we were able to make sure Eloise got plenty of sleep.
On Sunday morning, we had breakfast with Santa! Before Santa arrived, there were candy characters walking around (like a Reese's peanut butter cup and a Kit Kat bar.) The peanut butter cup approached Eloise in her highchair and waved, and she was NOT happy!
Unfortunately I didn't take a ton of pictures. I kept forgetting my camera in the room, and the lobby was about a 10-15 minute walk form the room - I did say the Lodge was huge, right? I didn't get a single picture of Michaela all weekend long, but I did snap a few of Eloise on Sunday.
After her reaction to the peanut butter cup, I thought for sure she'd hate Santa, but she actually seemed to like him. I think she was fascinated by his beard.
Everything in the hotel was in shades of brown, the color of chocolate, and there were Hershey kisses (and pictures of kisses) everywhere.
We had a great time, and it was nice to spend the weekend with the whole family. We try to do something Christmasy every December with everyone, but this was the first time we did a whole weekend. Michaela had an absolute blast. She was at the perfect age to really enjoy everything they had to offer, and while the excitement of Hershey was lost on Eloise, she certainly enjoyed all the attention she got from her Mom Mom and assorted aunts, uncles, and cousins.
No comments:
Post a Comment