The only downside to the visit was that Eloise got her first shots. We were both traumatized! Rod held her and I couldn't even bear to watch. When the first needle went in, she screamed, and when the next one went it, she made a noise that she has never made before. It was this awful shriek that made my heart hurt. I tried to comfort her after, but she would have none of it. They say that babies can sense moods and that must be true - she must have felt that I was a nervous wreck because as soon as Rod took her and confidently went through the usual methods of calming her, she stopped crying. Thank goodness for Daddy!
By the time we got to the car she was asleep, and she woke up at home and seemed just fine with her two snazzy bandaids.
I'm sad to say that it appears that Eloise's fabulous hair is falling out. She's developing a rather thin spot on the left side of her head. I love her hair so much. It's her most distinguishing feature and the one thing people always comment on. It's already gotten lighter. It was really dark when she was born and now it's a lighter brown color, especially in the sun.
Eloise is doing many amazing things these days. She talks all the time with her little coos, and now we even have conversations. I talk to her, and then she coos in response, and we go back and forth. And her smiles get bigger and more frequent every day. I still haven't been able to catch a full one with the camera - it really is a two person job right now.
She has also discovered her fists - or should I say fist. So far, it's just the one. She will wave her hands around kind if aimlessly, and then she'll catch sight of her right fist and then she freezes with her hand in front of her face. She stares at it for a little bit, and then slowly starts to bring it to her mouth. Most of the time she ends up punching herself in the face, but ever so often she makes contact.
Her doctor said he couldn't say for sure, but based on the clarity of her eyes, he thinks it's likely that they'll stay blue. I was delighted, because they are just so pretty!
1 comment:
You have such an expressive little one! SO cute!
--Monica
Post a Comment