Saturday, June 2, 2007

Baby Bean, are you in there?

Rod and I decided that now's the time to bring our own teeny bean into the world. I read all about how to chart my fertility, and we're both taking vitamins (mine are huge, smelly pills that look like they must be for a very large animal and leave me nauseous with stinky burps for hours; his are easy to swallow gel caps that give him no side effects, so already things are unfair.) I found a birthing center and made us a preconception appointment. We even (shockingly) have agreed upon names for both sexes. Now all we need is confirmation of an embryo.

Did you know that you have to wait a really long time before you can actually take a pregnancy test? Theoretically, I could be pregnant now but a test would be negative. According to the statistics, I shouldn't even bother testing until at least Wednesday, and even then it might be too soon. As if it wasn't bad enough that it takes 9 long months for the baby to come, now I have to wait a whole week just to find out if I have to wait 9 months.

No comments: